- Master Arts, English, Stephen F Austin State University
- Bachelor Arts, English, Stephen F Austin State University
- Teaching Assistant, 08/01/1982 - 12/31/1986, TAMU College Station
- Teaching Assistant, 08/01/1980 - 05/31/1982, Stephen F Austin State University
- Part Time Instructor, 08/24/1987 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2010 - Edited Overcoming Resistance to Change: A Guide for School Leaders and Coaches by Ted H. Hull, Ruth Harbin Miles, and Don S. Balka. Published by the authors, 2010.
- 1995 - McLennan Community College's nominee for the Minnie Stevens Piper Award
- 1994 - Nominated for SRCE Excellence in Teaching English Award
- 1990 - Edited Is There A Place' A Resource Guide to Low Cost Treatment for Mentally Ill/Seriously Emotionally Disturbed Children and Adolescents in Texas by Charlotte Provencher. Austin: Child and Adolescent Service System Program of the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, 1990.
- 1987 - Bibliography on Business and Technical Communications. 1975-1985. New Jersey: The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 1987