- Doctorate, Physics, Baylor University
- Master Science, Physics, Baylor University
- Bachelor Science, Mathematics/Physics, Baylor University
- Visiting Assistant Professor, 08/01/2005 - 05/31/2007, Coastal Carolina Community College
- Professor, 08/17/2009 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2010 - Probing the Sheath Electric Field with a Crystal Lattice by Using Thermophoresis in Dusty Plasma, Victor Land, Bernard Smith and Lorin Matthews, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, No. 4, April, 2010.
- 2009 - Experimental and Computational Characterization of a Modi'ed GEC Cell for Dusty Plasma Experiments, Victor Land, Erica Shen, Bernard Smith, Lorin Matthews and Truell W. Hyde, New Journal of Physics,Vol. 11, No. 063024, 2009.
- 2009 - Complex Plasmas with Two Distinct Particle Sizes: ComparingSystems with Large Differences in Particle Size to Systems with Small Differences in Particle Size, Bernard Smith, Lorin Matthews and Truell Hyde, Proceedings of the Twelfth Workshop on the Physics of Dusty Plasmas, Denver, Colorado, 2009.
- 2008 - Phase Transitions in a Dusty Plasma with Two Distinct Particle Sizes, B. Smith, T.W. Hyde, L. Matthews, J. Reay, M. Cook and J. Schmoke, Advances in Space Research, Vol. 41, pp. 1509-1512, 2008