- Master Arts, Speech, University Texas Austin
- Bachelor Science, Education, University Texas Austin
- Instructor, 01/01/1972 - 12/31/1972, Texas Woman's University
- Proctor & Teaching Assistant, 09/01/1968 - 08/31/1970, University Texas Austin
- Professor, 06/02/1972 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2004, 2005 - Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2003 - MCC Representative to National Great Teachers Seminar, Kilauea Military Camp, Hawaii, August 9-15.
- 1999 - McLennan Community College President's Grant for International Study--subject was the role of communication and persuasion in the 1998 bombing of Omagh, Northern Ireland
- 1999 - Honorary Councillor's scarf of the Omagh District Council, Omagh, Northern Ireland, August.
- 1997,1998,1999,2002,2004 - Duncan, Ann. Speaking Beyond the Podium. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company. Print.
- 1997,1995 - Harrell, Ann. Speaking Beyond the Podium. Orlando, FL: Harcourt Brace College Publishing, 1994, 1995. Print.
- 1997 - MCC Representative to the Texas Great Teacher Roundup
- 1997 - MCC Minnie Stevens Piper Nominee
- 1995-96 - Waco's Adopt-A-School Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service
- 1995 - NISOD Award for Teaching Excellence
- 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, & 1997, 2002 - MCC Service Awards
- 1969-1971 - Karl Ames, Mary Benjamin, Ann Harrell, et.al. Sashays in American Literature. Austin, TX: KRLN-TV, Channel 9, Southwest Texas Educational Television Council. 1969-1971. Print.