- Doctor of Philosophy, English, Baylor University
- Master Arts, English, Baylor University
- Masters Liberal Arts, Saint Edward's University
- Bachelor Arts, English/History, Stephen F Austin State University
- Assistant Professor, 08/22/2011 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2008 - "The Secularization of Spirituality and Its Ties to the Geopolitical Worlds of William Blake and Walt Whitman's Poetry". Paper presented at the MLA/MAT Symposium at St. Edward's University.
- 2000 - "The Reflective Role of Black Comic Book Heroes in the Civil Rights Movement." Paper presented at the African American 2000 conference at Stephen F. Austin State University.