- Doctorate, English, TAMU College Station
- Master Arts, History, Baylor University
- Bachelor Arts, English, Lamar University
- Faculty, 01/16/2008 - 12/31/2014, TAMU Central Texas
- Part Time Instructor, 08/24/2015 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2004 - Tenure at the Distant Site. In A Delicate Balance: the Role of Teaching, Service, and Scholarship in the 21st Century, Mellen Press, 2004.
- 2000 - The Diaries of Peleg Peckham and Problems in Doing Historical Research in the Roots of Black English. Proceeding of Etudios Ingleses: Situacion Actual y Perspectivas de Futuro. University of Valencia Press, 2000.
- 1995 - The 1945 NCTE Commission Report and How its Proposed Changes in Curriculum Influenced the Teaching of Grammar and Writing. Published in The Place of Grammar in Writing Instruction: Past, Present, Future. Heineman Boynton/Cook, 1995.
- 1993 - Linking Freshman English to Western Civilization. Co-authored, Gene Mueller. Published in The Core and the Canon: a National Debate. University of North Texas Press, 1993.