- Masters of Arts in Teaching, Humanities, University Texas Dallas
- Bachelor Arts, English, University Texas Dallas
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, 09/01/1990 - 08/31/1992, University Texas Arlington
- Adjunct Faculty, 09/01/1990 - 08/31/1992, Richland College
- Full-Time Faculty, 09/01/1989 - 08/31/1990, Collin College
- Full-Time Faculty, 09/01/1988 - 08/31/1989, North Lake College
- Adjunct Faculty & Instructional Associat, 09/01/1980 - 08/31/1987, Richland College
- Professor, 08/24/1992 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2006 - 'Some Practical Alternatives to High Textbook Costs,' TCCTA Messenger, April 2006
- 2005/2006 - Somerset Studio articles: "Postage Stamp Cards," April 2006; 'From Aha to Z' Mar/Apr 2005; 'Portals to Poetry' May/June 2005
- 2005 - Piper Professor of 2005, state-wide teaching award
- 2004 - President's Award, Keep Waco Beautiful, 2004
- 2004 - ' 'Sanctity' and Sanctimony,' essay published in Same-Sex Marriage: The Moral and Legal Debate, revised edition, 2004
- 2003 - The Anchor News (serving the Central Texas African-American Community) articles: 'Household Hazardous Waste Day Planned for May 22,' May 2004; 'TSTC's Bob Gordon'A Man Who's On the Move,' Nov. 2003; 'Meet Raymond Pierre,' Oct. 2003
- 2002 - 'Teaching Hybrids,' Two Year College English Association (TYCA) conference in San Antonio, with Carol Lowe and Debbie Fultz, Oct. 2002.
- 2002 - 'Four Generations Under One Roof: Solutions for Workplace Communication.' The New Texas (Journal of Allied Health Professionals), Winter 2002
- 2000/2001 - Texas Gardener articles : 'How to Build a Backyard Sink,' May 2001; 'Plants are People, Too,' Jan. 2000
- 1997 - 'And Then On Thursday' (short story). Two-Year College English Association (TYCA) annual conference, Austin, TX. 2nd place in fiction. Fall 1997, 2nd place Fiction Award
- 1991 - 'Whose Needs are We Meeting' Learning to See the Hidden Connections Between Personality and the Classroom.' Convention workshop, Conference on College Composition and Communication, Boston; March 1991.
- 1991 - 'Learning to Practice, Not Preach: The Incongruity between Theory and Practice in Karen Burke LeFevre's Invention as a Social Act.' Third Annual Conference on Language and Literature, April 1991.
- 1991 - 'Just Another Chair in the Circle: A Redefinition of Roles in the Basic Writing Classroom.' Conference on College Composition and Communication, March 1991.
- 1990 - 'Practicing What We Preach: Applying the Sociology of Learning to the Writing Classroom.' Penn State Conference on Rhetoric and Composition, June 1990. Co-presented with Michael McMurray.