- Master Science, Biology/Zoology, Emporia State University
- Bachelor Science, Biology, Southwestern College
- Bachelor Arts, Chemistry, Southwestern College
- Biology Instructor (tenured), 08/01/1998 - 07/31/2009, Allen County Community College
- Biology Instructor (Adjunct), 06/01/1996 - 07/31/1998, Butler County Community College
- Biology Instructor (Adjunct), 08/01/1997 - 05/31/1998, Cowley County Community College
- Biology Lab Instructor (TA), 08/01/1992 - 05/31/1994, North Dakota State University
- Biology Instructor (Adjunct), 01/01/1994 - 05/31/1994, North Dakota State University
- Biology Lab Instructor (TA), 08/01/1989 - 05/31/1990, Emporia State University
- Professor, 08/24/2009 - Present, McLennan Community College
- 2003-Iola Business and Professional Women's Woman of the Year
- 2002/2003/2004/2005-Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2000-Allen County Community College 2000 Outstanding Teacher
- 1997-A.J. Conley, P. Elf, C.J. Corbin, S. Dubowsky, A. Fivizzani, and J.W. Lang. 1997. Yolk steroids decline during sexual differentiation in the alligator. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 107:191-200.
- 1995-S. Dubowsky and M.A. Sheridan. 1995. Chronic ovine growth hormone exposure to rainbow trout, Oncohynchus mykiss, reduces plasma insulin concentration, elevates plasma somatostatin-14 concentration, and reduces hepatic growth hormone binding capacity. Exper. Clin. Endocrinol. 14:107-111.
- 1995-A.J. Conley, M.A. Kaminski, S. Dubowsky, A. Jablonka-Shariff, D.A. Redmer, and L.P. Reynolds. 1995. Immunohistochemical localization of 3'-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and P450 17'-hydroxylase during follicular and luteal development in pigs, sheep, and cows. Biol. Reprod. 52:1081-1094.
- 1993-S. Dubowsky and K.N. Smalley. 1993. Testosterone induced growth of the oviduct in the frog, Rana pipiens: Evidence of local aromatization. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 89:276-282.