Students in the McLennan Honors College have the opportunity to be admitted to and complete honors-level courses in the Tarleton State University Honors College. This includes courses offered by Tarleton through the University Center at McLennan.
In order to increase the number of Texas residents completing a bachelor's degree and to help the state of Texas reach the goals set out in the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's report “Closing the Gaps,” the Tarleton Honors College and the McLennan Honors College have agreed to participate in a Student Access and Success Partnership program articulation agreement.
McLennan students meeting the following Tarleton Honors College assured admission standards for transfer students are guaranteed admission to the upper-level component of the Tarleton Honors College. The assured admission requirements are:
- Meet Tarleton's general admissions requirements for transfer students.
- Complete 12 or more semester hours of honors credit in the McLennan Honors College with a 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher.
Students transferring to the Tarleton Stephenville campus will have four upper-level honors options available to them: departmental honors (in those departments that offer this option), two honors seminars, one honors seminar and a senior research project, or individualized upper-level honors.
Students who pursue a bachelor's degree at Tarleton in Waco through the University Center will have two upper-level honors options: departmental honors (in those departments that offer this option) or individualized upper-level honors.
McLennan Honors College students have the opportunity for admission and completion of honors coursework at UT Arlington's Honors College as a product of an agreement between MCC and UT Arlington to further opportunities and access for Honors education, transfer of Honors courses to UT Arlington, and ensure eligibility for scholarships from both UTA and the UTA Honors College
McLennan Honors College students who meet the following requirements:
- Meet all UT Arlington and Honors College admission requirements.
- Show a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.35 on all coursework taken before enrollment at UT Arlington.
- Complete at least 24 hours of Honors credit, at least 12 hours of which (including the senior project) must be completed at UT Arlington.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 through coursework at UTA in the completion of their degree requirements
will be awarded the Honors bachelor's degree in his/her major discipline at UT Arlington.
Additionally, UTA will consider Honors courses for equivalency evaluation on a course-by-course basis.
McLennan Honors College students who transfer to Baylor with a 3.5 GPA or higher have the opportunity to continue their Honors studies in one of Baylor’s prestigious honors programs with a priority status. For more information, please contact Dr. John Spano (email@example.com ).